Best music festivals of Sydney
The best music festivals of Sydney are some of the musical entertainment that can be found in Australia’s largest city. There are many different genres of music that people come to enjoy, some coming from other parts of the world and others being local musicians who have perfected their crafts over many years. The following are only a few of the best music festivals held throughout the year in Sydney.
- Vivid Festival takes place between May and June. This festival features light installations, contemporary performing arts, and various musical acts. The lights are projected onto buildings that are well-known landmarks of Sydney such as the Opera House or Customs House across the harbor. These images often change into different patterns depending on the nature of the lights.
- The Sydney Festival is held every year in January and this is one of the best music festivals of Sydney that features various artists from around the world. The festival includes opera, theatre, dance performances, circus shows, and musical acts. The Sydney Festival also has collaborations with other festivals such as the Biennale which was initially created by the French government in the early 1900s. The Biennale Festival features various art forms that are aimed at giving artists an opportunity to explore their medium of interest without having to worry about whether they will sell or not.
- The Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade is also a big festival in Sydney where people can always look forward to seeing colorful costumes and floats during the parade which is held in March. The parade usually lasts for hours due to the number of people who take part. It also features music acts that are both local and international.
- The Big Day Out festival in January features various leading bands from around the world. The lineup includes a wide variety of music genres that can appeal to different age groups and tastes. Some of the biggest names in rock, punk, and alternative have played at this festival over the years which include such names as Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Soundgarden.
- The Splendour in the Grass festival is held on a dairy farm property north of Sydney. The festival was initially created as an independent music event, but it has since been taken over by a large company that has turned it into one of the largest festivals running today. It features a strong lineup of both Australian and international bands.
- The Field Day festival is a popular multi-genre music festival that features local and international acts. It has been running for over a decade now which only shows the amount of dedication the organizers have towards creating an interesting platform for artists to perform live. In addition, they also take part in promoting sustainable ideas and lifestyles which connect to the festival’s music theme.
- The Big Day Out is one of the largest music festivals in Sydney which runs in January every year. It features high-profile musicians, both local and international who come together to perform on one stage for thousands of people across Australia.
- Lost Paradise Festival: At the end of January, people from around Australia flock to a dairy farm property north of Sydney which is known as The Lost Paradise Festival. It features various musical acts and has grown in popularity since its inception with tickets selling out every year.
- Field Day: This festival made its debut back in 2003 and since then it has grown ever stronger each year. The festival features international and local acts which cater to different age groups and tastes.
- Recovery: This is another music festival that takes place in January every year. It features up-and-coming as well as established artists from all over the world who perform on one stage for several hours.
- Falls Festival: Another music festival that takes place in the middle of winter every year, the Falls festival is known for providing partygoers with a great time. Its three different locations allow it to host about 25,000 people which makes it one of the biggest music festivals in Australia.
- The Rainbow Serpent Festival: Also known as the Rave on the Lake, this is another popular music festival that takes place in the state of Victoria every year. It features international as well as local artists who perform on various stages across the festival’s large area for about 5 days.
Sydney features various music festivals that take place throughout the year. Some of these include the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, Electric Daisy Carnival, Ultra Music Festival, and Lollapalooza. All of them feature world-class musicians from all over the globe who come to Sydney to put on a show for thousands of people across Australia. Does this article interest you in finding someone to keep you company in Sydney? Log on to Ivy Société, and make sure that your interests are well met.